Blood Donor Phlebotomist
Full Time, Variable Hours; rotating weekends and holidays
Responsibilities: Will perform medical screening of blood donors, phlebotomy, and the care of blood donors post-phlebotomy.
Requirements: Must be able to work a flexible schedule. High School diploma and excellent customer service skills required. Must have certification in phlebotomy. Previous phlebotomy experience preferred. Must be able to work in a highly regulated setting and should enjoy working with people in a fast-paced environment. Valid NYS driver’s license required.
Donor Bus Driver/ Mobile Drive Asst.
Full-time, variable schedule, rotating weekends and holidays
Responsibilities: Driving mobile vehicle and/or collection bus to and from blood drives, loading and unloading mobile drive vehicles, assist with set up and break down of blood drives, perform donor registration process, perform blood donation stripping, segmenting and cooler packing as well as be able to assist phlebotomists with any biohazardous spills. Deliver blood products to hospitals. Assist with staffing information tables at various community events as needed.
Requirements: Must have a valid/clean NYS CDL Class B or better Drivers License, with an air brake certification and at least 2 yrs driving experience in related field. High School Diploma or equivalent required. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and enjoy working with people. Must have strong customer service and communication skills. Also must be able to maintain a flexible schedule.
Donor Screening Coordinator
Full-time, 2nd shift
Responsibilities: Coordinate all activities related to donor referral telephone calls including evaluating donor potential and suitability, obtaining consent for donor and coordinating notification of recovery staff, as appropriate.
• Complete documentation and data entry related to all calls.
• Facilitate communication and case scheduling with Funeral Directors, coroners and medical examiners.
Requirements: LPN, EMT, Medical Lab technician, Medical records clerk, Medical Asst., Medical Technician. Two years experience in clinical setting preferred. Extensive medical terminology required. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required. An excellent command of the English language required. Computer proficiency, data entry skills and experience required. Bilingual skills desired.
Eye & Tissue Recovery Technician
Responsibilities: As a member of our procurement team, the Recovery Technician works on a per diem basis to recover and preserve eye and other tissue from authorized donors. Responsibilities include aseptic surgical tissue recovery, donor reconstruction, tissue packaging and shipping. Must have availability to participate in 24 hour call schedule and meet all related requirements.
Requirements: Qualified candidates will possess an Associate's degree or higher in Life Sciences and a minimum of one year of relative work experience, preferably in a hospital or clinical environment. Previous eye or tissue banking experience preferred, ophthalmic technicians, funeral home directors; emergency medical technicians; or those with military medical training and experience will be strongly considered. Must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
Family Support Specialist
Full and part time positions available
Responsible for actively participating with consent and family support activities for donor and potential donor families including:
• Approach potential families for consent regarding donation.
• Supporting potential donor families in the hospital setting
• Answering donor families’ questions about grief and loss
• Assist in development and facilitation of special projects and programs with Family Services’ Manager
• Sharing accurate information about donation with potential donor families, allowing them to make fully-informed decision regarding consent
Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Psychology preferred or related degree with 1 year relevant experience; Associate’s degree with 3 years experience; HS diploma with 5 years related experience. Must possess: understanding of grief issues and donation process, professional demeanor and excellent interpersonal/communication skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office.. Must be able to work variable hours, including evenings, weekends and on-call to assist with families’ care and events.
Mobile Drive Assistant
Must be able to work a flexible schedule, some evenings and weekends
Responsibilities: Driving the mobile vehicle to and from blood drives, loading and unloading the vehicle, assisting with the set up and breakdown of mobile drive sites and assisting with drive duties as requested. Maintain blood drive vehicles and deliver blood or supplies as needed. Cover the registration table and refreshment area as needed.
Requirements: Must have a valid NYS Driver’s License. High School diploma or equivalent required. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and enjoy working with people. Must have computer skills and be customer service focused.
The following jobs are for our SYRACUSE location:
Responsible for developing and overseeing the programs for the Central New York Eye and Tissue Bank in Syracuse, N.Y. Promote an environment of continuous performance improvement to assure that the mission and vision statements of Unyts are realized to the very best of the organization’s ability.
1. Oversee and manage the day-to-day business operations and staff of the CNYETB to include recruitment, training and performance management.
2. Responsible for developing new relationships with area hospitals and medical examiner’s office to increase eye and tissue donors.
3. Oversee community relations activities to develop and maintain marketing concepts and programs that will stimulate active public and professional participation in procurement activities.
4. Develop a public relations program to include:
a. Responding to and manage inquiries from the media.
b. Pursuing publicity opportunities.
c. Maintaining media kits.
5. Implement policies and decisions of Unyts, always keeping Unyts informed of critical information that could impact the operations of the corporation.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in related field of healthcare or business is required. Experience in marketing, development, or management of a non-profit corporation. Minimum of ten years experience in a health care field required. Team-oriented approach to management required with a strong management philosophy of continuous quality improvement. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
Eye & Tissue Recovery Technician
Responsibilities: Recover musculoskeletal, cardiovascular, skin and other tissues on a per diem basis under the supervision of an Eye and Tissue Recovery Technician Team Leader. Responsible for aseptic surgical tissue procurements, donor reconstruction, tissue packaging at recovery and shipping post-recovery. Must have availability to participate in 24 hour call schedule and meet all related requirements.
Requirements: Associates degree or higher in Life Sciences. Experience in the health/science field such as ophthalmic technician, funeral home director, emergency medical technician, surgical technologist or one year hospital experience in a clinical area; or one year eye bank experience; or one year experience in tissue banking. Knowledge of human anatomy is preferred. Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Manager of Eye and Tissue Services
Central New York Eye & Tissue Bank (CNYETB) is seeking a Manager of Eye & Tissue Services to oversee and manage eye and tissue procurement. CNYETB is located in Syracuse, NY and is a division of Unyts, which is headquartered in Buffalo, NY.
• Manage, develop and train clinical staff
• Daily operations of Eye & Tissue department
• Assist with regulatory inspections and audits
• Eye & Tissue recovery and placement activities as needed
• Assure all regulatory compliance related to standards for recovery
• Bachelor degree in related field with 2-5 yrs. exp or Associates degree with a minimum of 5 yrs. exp in Eye & Tissue procurement
• Min. 2 yrs. mgmt. exp
• Collaborative leadership style with management philosophy of continuous quality improvement
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Valid driver’s license and transportation.
If you are interested in working at Unyts, review our listings regularly to ensure that you apply for all jobs for which you are qualified.
Unyts is an equal opportunity employer.