Donor Screening Coordinator
Full-time, 2nd shift
Responsibilities: Coordinate all activities related to donor referral telephone calls including evaluating donor potential and suitability, obtaining consent for donor and coordinating notification of recovery staff, as appropriate.
• Complete documentation and data entry related to all calls.
• Facilitate communication and case scheduling with Funeral Directors, coroners and medical examiners.
Requirements: LPN, EMT, Medical Lab technician, Medical records clerk, Medical Asst., Medical Technician. Two years experience in clinical setting preferred. Extensive medical terminology required. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required. An excellent command of the English language required. Computer proficiency, data entry skills and experience required. Bilingual skills desired.
Eye & Tissue Recovery Technician
Responsibilities: As a member of our procurement team, the Recovery Technician works on a per diem basis to recover and preserve eye and other tissue from authorized donors. Responsibilities include aseptic surgical tissue recovery, donor reconstruction, tissue packaging and shipping. Must have availability to participate in 24 hour call schedule and meet all related requirements.
Requirements: Qualified candidates will possess an Associate's degree or higher in Life Sciences and a minimum of one year of relative work experience, preferably in a hospital or clinical environment. Previous eye or tissue banking experience preferred, ophthalmic technicians, funeral home directors; emergency medical technicians; or those with military medical training and experience will be strongly considered. Must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
Family Support Specialist
Full and part time positions available
Responsibilities: Unyts, WNY’s only organ, eye, tissue and community blood center, is seeking Family Support Specialists. This position educates families of potential organ donors and hospital staff.
1. Serving as a subject matter expert to potential donor families on the process of organ donation;
2. Providing support to grieving families in the hospital setting while advocating for the potential donor;
3. Collaborating with hospital staff to obtain an optimal outcome for donor families;
4. Providing aftercare services for donor families.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Psychology or related degree preferred with one (1) year related experience; Associate’s degree with three (3) years or High School diploma with five (5) years exp. Professional demeanor and excellent interpersonal/communication skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office. Must be able to work variable hours, including evenings, weekends and on call, to assist with families’ care and events.
Full-time, variable hours, rotating weekends/holidays
Responsibilities: Supervise and direct all Unyts’ staff at blood drives to assure donor and product safety as related to whole blood collections.
• Ensures that all staff adheres to SOPs.
• Coaches and mentors staff.
• Detects and documents deviations from acceptable practices. Disciplines staff, consistent with departmental protocol, in coordination with the Operations Manager/Director of Blood Donor Services, as needed, to address staff non-conformance with procedures and behavioral issues.
• Works to assure a successful drive and resolves and problems that may arise in the course of a drive.
• Maintains thorough and legible documentation according to Unyts’ SOP and regulations.
Requirements: Associate's or Bachelor’s degree with 2 – 3 years previous supervisory/management experience preferred. Has worked in a medically related field and phlebotomy or IV experience necessary. Must have current CPR certification. Leadership capabilities necessary with demonstrated customer service proficiency. Must be able to work in a highly regulated and fast-paced environment. Excellent written and verbal communication skills required. Valid NYS' license required.
The following jobs are for our SYRACUSE location:
If you are interested in working at Unyts, review our listings regularly to ensure that you apply for all jobs for which you are qualified.
Unyts is an equal opportunity employer.