A career with Unyts is an opportunity to make a difference in the WNY community and in the lives of all those who have been touched by organ, eye, tissue and blood donation. We are an organization that cares, and we look for people to join our team who C.A.R.E.
Communication, Accountability, Respect and Engagement
No matter what department you work in and what position you hold, you are having a direct impact on the important Gift of Life mission. Our success is built on the dedication and compassion of our employees. Unyts is much more than a 9-5 job, it is an opportunity to save and enhance lives. If you are someone who values the C.A.R.E. philosophy who is looking for a rewarding career, we encourage you to explore opportunities with Unyts now.
Blood Collections Supervisor
• Supervises and directs all Unyts staff at blood drives to assure donor and product safety as related to whole blood collection.
• Acts as liaison between the blood drive sponsor and the Unyts team.
• Interacts in a positive and effective manner with management, team leaders, account executives, volunteers and staff to achieve excellent customer service, highest quality standards and productivity.
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree with 2 – 3 years previous supervisory/management experience preferred.
• Has worked in a medically related field and phlebotomy or IV experience necessary.
• Must have current CPR certification.
• Leadership capabilities necessary with demonstrated customer service proficiency.
• Must be able to work in a highly regulated and fast-paced environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
• Valid NYS license required.
Blood Donor Phlebotomist
Full Time, Variable Hours, rotating weekends and holidays
Responsibilities: Will perform medical screening of blood donors, phlebotomy, and the care of blood donors post-phlebotomy.
Requirements: Must be able to work a flexible schedule. High School diploma and excellent customer service skills required. Must have certification in phlebotomy. Previous phlebotomy experience preferred. Must be able to work in a highly regulated setting and should enjoy working with people in a fast-paced environment. Valid NYS driver's license required.
Customer Service Coordinator – Part Time
This is a part time over 20 hours/week position. The schedule is Monday through Friday during the day, with hourly flexibility.
Coordinating and overseeing the inside data, customer service and support required for mobile blood drives while working with Account Executives and Recruiters to achieve maximum results.
• Associate Degree Required in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Computer Service or related field preferred.
• Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills and have a commitment to customer service.
• Proficient computer knowledge including MS Office, Publisher and Excel necessary.
• Database and internet applications a plus.
• Energetic, flexible, detail oriented and strong organizational skills required.
• Must have current NYS driver’s license.
Dispatcher – Part Time
The schedule for this position consists of every Saturday 11:00 pm - 7:30 am (Must train on days. Additional shifts available to cover VPS)
Answer calls or electronic orders for blood products from client hospitals. Fills all orders, maintains and manages blood product inventories. Inspects all blood products for obvious quality characteristics per SOP.
High school degree with two years work experience. Must have excellent written, verbal and customer service communication skills. Must be computer proficient. Self motivated and work with minimal supervision.
Eye & Tissue Recovery Technician
Responsibilities: As a member of our procurement team, the Recovery Technician works on a per diem basis to recover and preserve eye and other tissue from authorized donors. Responsibilities include aseptic surgical tissue recovery, donor reconstruction, tissue packaging and shipping. Must have availability to participate in 24 hour call schedule and meet all related requirements.
Requirements: Qualified candidates will possess an Associate's degree or higher in Life Sciences and a minimum of one year of relative work experience, preferably in a hospital or clinical environment. Previous eye or tissue banking experience preferred, ophthalmic technicians, funeral home directors; emergency medical technicians; or those with military medical training and experience will be strongly considered. Must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
Senior Account Executive
This is a full-time, non-exempt position reporting to Amanda Farrell, Director of Blood Donor Services Recruitment.
- Overall responsibility for identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding current and prospective market segment partners.
- Effectively establishes and sustains a network of relationships including stakeholder leadership and influencers to support planning and execution of a year round relationship.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, business or related field and five plus years experience in public speaking, sales, or marketing required, or Associate’s degree plus 5-7 years experience.
- Must have experience in public speaking and presenting with a professional demeanor and appearance.
- Proven track record of sales success.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Eye & Tissue Recovery Technician
Responsibilities: Recover musculoskeletal, cardiovascular, skin and other tissues on a per diem basis under the supervision of an Eye and Tissue Recovery Technician Team Leader. Responsible for aseptic surgical tissue procurements, donor reconstruction, tissue packaging at recovery and shipping post-recovery. Must have availability to participate in 24 hour call schedule and meet all related requirements.
Requirements: Associates degree or higher in Life Sciences. Experience in the health/science field such as ophthalmic technician, funeral home director, emergency medical technician, surgical technologist or one year hospital experience in a clinical area; or one year eye bank experience; or one year experience in tissue banking. Knowledge of human anatomy is preferred. Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.