A career with Unyts is an opportunity to make a difference in the WNY community and in the lives of all those who have been touched by organ, eye, tissue and blood donation. We are an organization that cares, and we look for people to join our team who C.A.R.E.
Communication, Accountability, Respect and Engagement
No matter what department you work in and what position you hold, you are having a direct impact on the important Gift of Life mission. Our success is built on the dedication and compassion of our employees. Unyts is much more than a 9-5 job, it is an opportunity to save and enhance lives. If you are someone who values the C.A.R.E. philosophy who is looking for a rewarding career, we encourage you to explore opportunities with Unyts now.
Blood Donor Phlebotomist
Full Time, Variable Hours, rotating weekends and holidays
Responsibilities: Will perform medical screening of blood donors, phlebotomy, and the care of blood donors post-phlebotomy.
Requirements: Must be able to work a flexible schedule. High School diploma and excellent customer service skills required. Must have certification in phlebotomy. Previous phlebotomy experience preferred. Must be able to work in a highly regulated setting and should enjoy working with people in a fast-paced environment. Valid NYS driver's license required.
This is a non-exempt, part time under 20 hours/week. The hours are based on blood drive schedules, and would include some first, and second shift coverage, as well as some weekends and rotating holidays. This position involves component preparation, component modification, blood product distribution, customer service and all computer functions related with those duties.
• Prepare and separate donor blood into components as described in standard operating procedure.
• Prepare recovered plasma for shipment.
• Answers phone/fax orders from hospitals.
• Consign blood products to hospitals or other consignees (plasma manufacturers, etc.) as necessary.
• Label and validate components when testing is complete.
• Perform all computer or manual functions necessary to document and track disposition of all components.
• High School Diploma required.
• Degree in biological/clinical science or experience preferred.
• Strong customer service skills required.
• Must be able to work in a highly regulated, fast-paced environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
Donor Screening Coordinator
Rotating 12 hour shifts, 6:30pm - 6:30am
• Coordinate all activities related to donor referral telephone calls including evaluating donor potential and suitability and coordinating notification of recovery staff, as appropriate.
• Inputs data in the computerized data tracking system.
• Responsible for the management of incoming calls.
• Assists in building security by managing entry and access to the building.
• Coordinates activities with funeral home directors, medical examiners, and coroners.
• High school diploma required, Associates degree preferred.
• Medical terminology required.
• Data entry skills and experience required.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required.
• An excellent command of the English language required.
• Must be customer service focused, as well as team oriented.
• Clinical or medical office experience preferred.
Mobile Drive Assistant
• Drive the mobile vehicle to and from blood drives, loading and unloading the vehicle, assisting with the set up and breakdown of mobile drive sites and assisting with drive duties as requested.
•Perform donor registration process.
• Provide coverage of the refreshment area as needed.
• Perform blood donation stripping, segmenting and cooler packing.
• Duties also include delivering blood or supplies as needed.
• Must have a valid clean NYS Drivers License.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Strong keyboarding skills required.
• Microsoft Office skills including data entry required.
• Strong customer service skills required.
• Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and enjoy working with people.
Network Support Specialist
- Ensure the stable operation of the in-house computer network.
- Administer help desk and provide end-user, desktop support to UNYTS staff.
- Maintain and optimize all network hardware, software and communication links while ensuring minimal network downtime.
- Diagnose, resolve and document hardware and software network problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Degree in the field of computer science and 3 years related work experience, or equivalent work experience.
- Working technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including TCIP/IP, Windows Server, Exchange. Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols and standards.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Domain/Active Directory Knowledge
- Ticketing System Experience
- VMware environment experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Keen attention to detail, analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to conduct research into networking application issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Strong customer service orientation, as well as experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Pheresis Nurse – Part Time
• Responsible for all aspects of blood donor screening and collections for blood products collected at Fixed Sites.
• Responsible for the care of the donor throughout the processes and for handling any adverse donor reactions.
• Responsible for adhering to the standard operating procedures (SOP) and for accurate, thorough documentation on the donor record and all other related records associated with the SOP.
• Maintains strong knowledge of the SOP, the instrument operations guides and regulatory requirements.
• RN 2 or 4 year degree required.
• Experience in a blood bank or laboratory services setting preferred.
• Must have current CPR certification.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills required.
• Knowledge in AABB and FDA standards desired.
Eye & Tissue Recovery Technician
Responsibilities: Recover musculoskeletal, cardiovascular, skin and other tissues on a per diem basis under the supervision of an Eye and Tissue Recovery Technician Team Leader. Responsible for aseptic surgical tissue procurements, donor reconstruction, tissue packaging at recovery and shipping post-recovery. Must have availability to participate in 24 hour call schedule and meet all related requirements.
Requirements: Associates degree or higher in Life Sciences. Experience in the health/science field such as ophthalmic technician, funeral home director, emergency medical technician, surgical technologist or one year hospital experience in a clinical area; or one year eye bank experience; or one year experience in tissue banking. Knowledge of human anatomy is preferred. Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.