A career with Unyts is an opportunity to make a difference in the WNY community and in the lives of all those who have been touched by organ, eye, tissue and blood donation. We are an organization that cares, and we look for people to join our team who C.A.R.E.
Communication, Accountability, Respect and Engagement
No matter what department you work in and what position you hold, you are having a direct impact on the important Gift of Life mission. Our success is built on the dedication and compassion of our employees. Unyts is much more than a 9-5 job, it is an opportunity to save and enhance lives. If you are someone who values the C.A.R.E. philosophy who is looking for a rewarding career, we encourage you to explore opportunities with Unyts now.
Blood Collections Supervisor
• Supervises and directs all Unyts staff at blood drives to assure donor and product safety as related to whole blood collection.
• Acts as liaison between the blood drive sponsor and the Unyts team.
• Interacts in a positive and effective manner with management, team leaders, account executives, volunteers and staff to achieve excellent customer service, highest quality standards and productivity.
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree with 2 – 3 years previous supervisory/management experience preferred.
• Has worked in a medically related field and phlebotomy or IV experience necessary.
• Must have current CPR certification.
• Leadership capabilities necessary with demonstrated customer service proficiency.
• Must be able to work in a highly regulated and fast-paced environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
• Valid NYS license required.
Blood Donor Phlebotomist
Full Time, Variable Hours, rotating weekends and holidays
Responsibilities: Will perform medical screening of blood donors, phlebotomy, and the care of blood donors post-phlebotomy.
Requirements: Must be able to work a flexible schedule. High School diploma and excellent customer service skills required. Must have certification in phlebotomy. Previous phlebotomy experience preferred. Must be able to work in a highly regulated setting and should enjoy working with people in a fast-paced environment. Valid NYS driver's license required.
Component Technician - Full Time
This is a non-exempt, full time position. The hours are based on blood drive schedules, and would include some first, and second shift coverage, as well as some weekends and rotating holidays. This position involves component preparation, component modification, blood product distribution, customer service and all computer functions related with those duties.
• Prepare and separate donor blood into components as described in standard operating procedure.
• Prepare recovered plasma for shipment.
• Answers phone/fax orders from hospitals.
• Consign blood products to hospitals or other consignees (plasma manufacturers, etc.) as necessary.
• Label and validate components when testing is complete.
• Perform all computer or manual functions necessary to document and track disposition of all components.
• High School Diploma required.
• Degree in biological/clinical science or experience preferred.
• Strong customer service skills required.
• Must be able to work in a highly regulated, fast-paced environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
Donor Screening Coordinator
Rotating 12 hour shifts, 6:30pm - 6:30am, and 6:30am - 6:30pm
• Coordinate all activities related to donor referral telephone calls including evaluating donor potential and suitability and coordinating notification of recovery staff, as appropriate.
• Inputs data in the computerized data tracking system.
• Responsible for the management of incoming calls.
• Assists in building security by managing entry and access to the building.
• Coordinates activities with funeral home directors, medical examiners, and coroners.
• High school diploma required, Associates degree preferred.
• Medical terminology required.
• Data entry skills and experience required.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required.
• An excellent command of the English language required.
• Must be customer service focused, as well as team oriented.
• Clinical or medical office experience preferred.
Executive Director of the Kidney Foundation of WNY
The Kidney Foundation of WNY is currently recruiting for an Executive Director. This is an exciting and a unique opportunity to lead our mission to increase community awareness of kidney disease and other related diseases while educating and improving the lives of those we serve.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required, master’s preferred.
- Proven track record in management / senior leadership positions.
- Minimum 5 years’ successful experience; strategic planning, development, grant writing, budget management (preparation and analysis), fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector .
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional demeanor, Commitment to mission, respect for diversity, ability to lead and inspire.
- Computer proficiency.
- NYS driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Eye & Tissue Recovery Technician
Responsibilities: As a member of our procurement team, the Recovery Technician works on a per diem basis to recover and preserve eye and other tissue from authorized donors. Responsibilities include aseptic surgical tissue recovery, donor reconstruction, tissue packaging and shipping. Must have availability to participate in 24 hour call schedule and meet all related requirements.
Requirements: Qualified candidates will possess an Associate's degree or higher in Life Sciences and a minimum of one year of relative work experience, preferably in a hospital or clinical environment. Previous eye or tissue banking experience preferred, ophthalmic technicians, funeral home directors; emergency medical technicians; or those with military medical training and experience will be strongly considered. Must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
Responsible for all shipping and receiving duties for 110 Broadway.
Performs the daily “Day Porter” duties for Broadway facilities.
Responsible for ensuring all company vehicles are in compliance with NYS DMV regulations as well as UNYTS corporate policy including, but not limited to vehicle maintenance, paperwork and routine servicing.
Minimum high school diploma or GED required.
Working knowledge of maintenance and/or janitorial services required.
Basic computer skills and shipping/receiving experience a plus.
Excellent communication and customer service skills required.
Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Manager of Donor Referral Services
This position is responsible for the day-to-day management, operational oversight as well as overseeing the referral and consent process of a 24/7 Donor Referral Call Center.
Manage the referral and authorization process, and all related responsibilities
Manage and facilitate training and professional development activities for all Donor Referral Center employees to promote optimal performance, skill development, and knowledge gain
Monitor and coordinate performance improvement activities as they relate to Donor Referral Center activities with a constant goal of identifying opportunities to strengthen the existing program
Serve as a mentor and leader to employees to promote professional growth, ethical conduct, a commitment to quality, integrity and teamwork
Bachelors degree in Health Sciences, Business or a related field with 3-5 years of management experience preferably working in a medical related field; or an associate’s degree in Health Sciences, Business or a related field with 5-7 years of management experience preferably working in a medical related field
Experience in a clinical setting preferred
Must be organized and detail oriented with strong skills in team-based approach management and a continuous focus on quality improvement
Must be an excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a highly regulated, fast-paced environment
Must have proficient computer skills including Microsoft office
Prior knowledge and experience in the areas of donation and transplantation preferred
Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Medical Laboratory Technician (FT/PT)
The schedule for this position is Monday – Friday, 9am-5:30pm. Rotating holidays and weekends, with occasional afternoons.
• Prepares blood components, QC samples and performs validations according to SOP.
• Performs QC testing on product samples and calculates results.
• Processes blood products and enters information into the computer.
• NY State Clinical Laboratory Technician license required.
• Minimum two years blood bank experience preferred.
Medical Technologist (FT/PT)
The schedule for this position is Monday - Friday, 9am-5:30pm. Rotating holidays and weekends, with occasional afternoons.
- Prepares blood components, QC samples, and performs testing procedures and validations according to SOP.
- Reviews the accuracy of lab results and commits them in the computer system.
- Reviews QC, QA, occurrences and other quality documentation to assure compliance.
- Researches and develops new/revised processes and SOP.
- NY State Clinical Laboratory Technologist license or eligibility for Laboratory Technologist required.
- Minimum two years blood bank experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology or equivalent degree.
Mobile Drive Assistant
• Drive the mobile vehicle to and from blood drives, loading and unloading the vehicle, assisting with the set up and breakdown of mobile drive sites and assisting with drive duties as requested.
•Perform donor registration process.
• Provide coverage of the refreshment area as needed.
• Perform blood donation stripping, segmenting and cooler packing.
• Duties also include delivering blood or supplies as needed.
• Must have a valid clean NYS Drivers License.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Strong keyboarding skills required.
• Microsoft Office skills including data entry required.
• Strong customer service skills required.
• Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and enjoy working with people.
Network Support Specialist
- Ensure the stable operation of the in-house computer network.
- Administer help desk and provide end-user, desktop support to UNYTS staff.
- Maintain and optimize all network hardware, software and communication links while ensuring minimal network downtime.
- Diagnose, resolve and document hardware and software network problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Degree in the field of computer science and 3 years related work experience, or equivalent work experience.
- Working technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including TCIP/IP, Windows Server, Exchange. Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols and standards.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Domain/Active Directory Knowledge
- Ticketing System Experience
- VMware environment experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Keen attention to detail, analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to conduct research into networking application issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Strong customer service orientation, as well as experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Pheresis Nurse - Full Time
• Responsible for all aspects of blood donor screening and collections for blood products collected at Fixed Sites.
• Responsible for the care of the donor throughout the processes and for handling any adverse donor reactions.
• Responsible for adhering to the standard operating procedures (SOP) and for accurate, thorough documentation on the donor record and all other related records associated with the SOP.
• Maintains strong knowledge of the SOP, the instrument operations guides and regulatory requirements.
• RN 2 or 4 year degree required.
• Experience in a blood bank or laboratory services setting preferred.
• Must have current CPR certification.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills required.
• Knowledge in AABB and FDA standards desired.
Trainer, Blood Lab Services
• Develops and implements the training program for the Blood Lab services staff.
• Coordinates staff training activities and ensures proper recordkeeping.
• Develops and implements competency and routine assessments for staff.
• Creates a learning environment, assesses and provides coaching as needed and provide suggestions to improve efficiency and proficiency.
• Acts as a resource for staff on Blood Lab Services procedures and is a role model for the commitment to following SOPs and job aids.
• Assists with processing and testing as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in biological sciences or equivalent preferred with five years experience in a lab or pharmaceutical environment, or associates degree with seven years experience.
• Must be familiar with GMP.
• One year training or teaching experience required.
• Experience developing training programs preferred.
• Must be computer proficient with knowledge of excel, and PowerPoint desired.
• Must have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced, highly regulated environment.
Eye & Tissue Recovery Technician
Responsibilities: Recover musculoskeletal, cardiovascular, skin and other tissues on a per diem basis under the supervision of an Eye and Tissue Recovery Technician Team Leader. Responsible for aseptic surgical tissue procurements, donor reconstruction, tissue packaging at recovery and shipping post-recovery. Must have availability to participate in 24 hour call schedule and meet all related requirements.
Requirements: Associates degree or higher in Life Sciences. Experience in the health/science field such as ophthalmic technician, funeral home director, emergency medical technician, surgical technologist or one year hospital experience in a clinical area; or one year eye bank experience; or one year experience in tissue banking. Knowledge of human anatomy is preferred. Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.