A career with Unyts is an opportunity to make a difference in the WNY community and in the lives of all those who have been touched by organ, eye, tissue and blood donation. We are an organization that cares, and we look for people to join our team who C.A.R.E.
Communication, Accountability, Respect and Engagement
No matter what department you work in and what position you hold, you are having a direct impact on the important Gift of Life mission. Our success is built on the dedication and compassion of our employees. Unyts is much more than a 9-5 job, it is an opportunity to save and enhance lives. If you are someone who values the C.A.R.E. philosophy who is looking for a rewarding career, we encourage you to explore opportunities with Unyts now.
Blood Donor Phlebotomist
Full Time, Variable Hours, rotating weekends and holidays
Responsibilities: Will perform medical screening of blood donors, phlebotomy, and the care of blood donors post-phlebotomy.
Requirements: Must be able to work a flexible schedule. High School diploma and excellent customer service skills required. Must have certification in phlebotomy. Previous phlebotomy experience preferred. Must be able to work in a highly regulated setting and should enjoy working with people in a fast-paced environment. Valid NYS driver's license required.
Donor Screening Coordinator
Rotating 12 hour shifts, 6:30pm - 6:30am
• Coordinate all activities related to donor referral telephone calls including evaluating donor potential and suitability and coordinating notification of recovery staff, as appropriate.
• Inputs data in the computerized data tracking system.
• Responsible for the management of incoming calls.
• Assists in building security by managing entry and access to the building.
• Coordinates activities with funeral home directors, medical examiners, and coroners.
• High school diploma required, Associates degree preferred.
• Medical terminology required.
• Data entry skills and experience required.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required.
• An excellent command of the English language required.
• Must be customer service focused, as well as team oriented.
• Clinical or medical office experience preferred.
Eye and Tissue Post Natal Recovery Technician
This position is part time over 20 hrs/week.
• Recover post natal tissue.
• Obtain authorization and conduct donor risk assessment interview.
• Suitability determination of donor, aseptic surgical tissue procurements, packaging at recovery and shipping post-recovery (if applicable).
• Associates degree or higher in Life Sciences or related field.
• Experience in the health/science field such as ophthalmic technician, funeral home director, emergency medical technician, surgical technologist or one year hospital experience in a clinical area; or one year eye bank experience; or one year experience in tissue banking.
• Knowledge of human anatomy and medical terminology required.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Facilities Assistant I (Curtwright)
This is a full time position, Monday through Friday 8am-4:30pm
•Responsible for Unyts’ fleet maintenance including oil and filter changes on all generators used by Unyts vehicles, washing and cleaning vehicles
•Provides general building maintenance including performing a multitude of basic carpentry/electrical/plumbing functions
•Oversee the safety/security operations and coordinate all shipping/receiving functions for 90 Curtwright as well as satellite facilities on an as needed basis.
•Minimum high school diploma or GED required.
•Must have basic knowledge of building and vehicle maintenance.
•Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel.
•Shipping/receiving experience a plus.
•Excellent communication and customer service skills required.
•Must have a valid driver’s license, and the capability to obtain a CDL License to drive a Bus
•Must have own reliable transportation.
Full Time Medical Technologist
The schedule for this position is Monday - Friday, 2:00pm-10pm or 3pm-11pm. Rotating holidays and weekends, with occasional days.
- Prepares blood components, QC samples, and performs testing procedures and validations according to SOP.
- Reviews the accuracy of lab results and commits them in the computer system.
- Reviews QC, QA, occurrences and other quality documentation to assure compliance.
- Researches and develops new/revised processes and SOP.
- NY State Clinical Laboratory Technologist license or eligibility for Laboratory Technologist required.
- Minimum two years blood bank experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology or equivalent degree.
Vice President of Operation, Blood Services
- Senior leader who has generated significant impact through strategic direction, operational efficiency, process improvement and goal setting.
- Develops and maintains control systems to ensure accountability and profitability in our Blood Services Division, including donor recruitment and collections and processing and distribution.
- Develops strong relationships with outside business partners.
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s preferred.
- Seven to ten years of related experience, including five years in a senior leadership role.
- Management of multiple departments, direct supervisory experience required.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills required.
- Demonstrable success utilizing technical and interpersonal skills to build teams for operational success in challenging and highly regulated environments.
- Blood banking or healthcare experience a plus.
Eye & Tissue Recovery Technician
Responsibilities: Recover musculoskeletal, cardiovascular, skin and other tissues on a per diem basis under the supervision of an Eye and Tissue Recovery Technician Team Leader. Responsible for aseptic surgical tissue procurements, donor reconstruction, tissue packaging at recovery and shipping post-recovery. Must have availability to participate in 24 hour call schedule and meet all related requirements.
Requirements: Associates degree or higher in Life Sciences. Experience in the health/science field such as ophthalmic technician, funeral home director, emergency medical technician, surgical technologist or one year hospital experience in a clinical area; or one year eye bank experience; or one year experience in tissue banking. Knowledge of human anatomy is preferred. Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.